Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Burgundy's 2009 Vintage Looks Good

Cool change: Burgundy vineyards in winter Photo: Tim Atkin; Heathcliff O’Malley; Martin Pope

2009 Vintage: Burgundy Best In A Barrel -- The Telegraph

The 2009 vintage promises great things: store up these high-quality bargains for the future.

It was 10 degrees below when I visited Burgundy in December for an early look at the much-talked about 2009 vintage. Snow turned the bare sticks of the winter vineyards into a scene that resembled Narnia. But even more magical were the wines.

“For me 2009 was the best vintage since I started work,” says winemaker Pierre Vincent of Domaine de la Vougeraie as he steered me around the frozen garden where he grows more than 12 different plants, including yarrow and lemon grass, used in the vineyard in place of chemical preparations.

Read more ....

My Comment: They had the weather for 2009 .... so the wine should be just as good.

No comments:

Post a Comment