Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Does Hyperdecanting Wine Work?


Does Hyperdecanting Wine Work? -- Mopther Nature Network

Can a bottle of inexpensive red wine be improved by giving it a swirl in the blender?

Nathan Myhrvold, author of “Modernist Cuisine,” has introduced most of the wine world to hyperdecanting, a method of improving the quality of a freshly opened bottle of red wine by "torturing" it in a blender. When I read about the method, I knew I had to try it.

I just pour the wine in, frappé away at the highest power setting for 30 to 60 seconds, and then allow the froth to subside (which happens quickly) before serving.


Myhrvold recommends hyperdecanting in a blind taste test the first time, but I tortured my wine with eyes wide open, simply because you really can’t do this type of experiment blindly when you’re all by yourself.

Read more
....

My Comment: This is an experiment that I will be trying in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment