Friday, May 25, 2012

Drinking In Cognac Country

The public can get an inside look at cognac houses in France, including Remy Martin and its scores of massive oak blending casks. Cognac oak blending casks. Washington Post, FA BRICE DIMIE

Drinking In Cognac Country -- Star Tribune

In sniffs, swirls and sips, tradition comes alive during a tour of France's famed cognac distilleries.

Here's one thing I learned during a nine-day drink-and-dine tour of Cognac and other towns in western France: Never, ever text a photo of your sumptuous lunch to your wife when she's alone back home, working and taking care of your 8-year-old son.

To be fair to myself, it was work that took me to France last September. Plus, my wife had recently cashed in more than a decade's worth of communal frequent-flier points to take her mom on a ritzy two-week tour of Italy. I figured I had some karmic currency to burn.

Read more
....

My Comment: I am drooling at the above picture .... just barrels and barrels of cognac. A must see photo gallery can be viewed here.

No comments:

Post a Comment