Thursday, July 12, 2012

How To Prepare And Serve Your Wines

An example of a wine that had a bit of reduction that needed my Mason-jar, double-decanting procedure. One hour later, pure drinking joy. Photograph by: Bill Zacharkiw , Special to The Gazette

Wine: How It Is Served Is As Important As The Wine Itself -- Bill Zacharkiw, Montreal Gazette

I was over at a friend’s house for a birthday barbecue and, as per usual, I brought the wine. All the bottles were already open, and one person asked me: “Why?” I replied that I always open my bottles in the morning, even when I am drinking at home.

If choosing a wine to go with your meal makes you anxious, serving your wine the right way is a lot easier.

Unfortunately, most people don’t pay enough attention to wine service. This error is not only made by the average wine drinker; I have seen way too many sommeliers and waiters do their best to sell you “the right wine,” but forget that how the wine is served is as important as what you pour.

Read more ....

My Comment: Some good points here. Read it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment