Monday, July 16, 2012

Instead Of Retiring, You Open A Whiskey Distillery

Photo: Mark Meyer. Adam Milliron

Whiskey Makes Retirement Easier -- Wall Street Journal

Some people dream of a retirement spent sipping whiskey in a rocking chair by the fire. During his retirement, Mark Meyer is spending 10 hours a day, seven days a week, making whiskey.

Founder of Wigle Whiskey, a distillery that crafts organic, artisan rye and wheat whiskeys, Mr. Meyer knew nothing about the spirits business before he got started two years ago.

"To be honest, I've woken up more than once in the middle of the night wondering what I'm doing," says the 61-year-old retired trial lawyer. "But I've learned by doing, and it has been an amazing experience."

Read more ....

My Comment: I wish them luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment