Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Is Expensive Wine Worth The Money?


Is Expensive Wine Worth The Money? -- The Telegraph

Why does one bottle of wine set you back a fiver and another cost five times as much? It’s all in the detail.

Jean-Claude Lapalu makes beaujolais that’s as thick as blood and as soulful as a patch of wilderness. He is a humble man, a paysan, but also one of the region’s stars. A bottle of Lapalu Brouilly sells in a shop for £20 or more.

“Why not make more of it and get rich?” I asked him as we sat outside at a scruffy table near his winery a couple of years ago. “Land in Beaujolais is relatively cheap. You could buy more vineyards…” He regarded me wearily. “It’s already completely exhausting me,” he said with a shrug at the madness of the idea. “I’m not sure it could be done.”

Read more
....

My Comment: Sadly .... price usually does reveal the quality of the wine. The more expensive the wines .... the better they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment