Tuesday, March 20, 2012

There's Vodka .... And The There's Vodka

In the clear: caviar needs the softer and more expansive taste of Russian-style wheat vodka, not the more assertive rye vodka usually made in Poland

Victoria Moore On Vodka -- The Telegraph

Rye or wheat, or maybe even potato? Prickly, plump or slippery? There’s vodka, and then there’s vodka!

Goodness knows where he was off to, but a few weeks ago that lovely Stevie Parle tweeted, slightly bashfully, to ask what one should drink with caviar. Bear with me on this.

“Vodka,” I replied. Within five minutes a friend who had been eyeballing the Twitter conversation rang me up.

“Have you told him it needs to be wheat vodka?” he wanted to know. He sounded a bit beside himself. “You can’t drink rye vodka with caviar: it’s so sharp, it would just hack into it, I mean it would be like eating caviar with knives in your mouth – it would destroy the smooth texture.”

Read more ....

My Comment: My favorite is Belvedere and Grey Goose .... served ice cold of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment