Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Your Wine Glass Can Make Your Wine Taste Better

Clear contender: part of the Château Baccarat 'Oenology’ collection

How A Wine Glass Can Make Your Drink Taste Better -- The Telegraph

How do you make an average wine taste better than average? Invest in some great glasses to drink it from.

There are a lot of glasses in my flat. I buy them compulsively. Spiegelau, Schott Zwiesel and Riedel. Wine glasses in lead crystal, Dartington Crystal (this is beginning to sound like W H Auden’s “Night Train”); flutes by Luigi Bormioli; all manner of shapes and sizes from John Lewis, Heal’s and Habitat. And Baccarat. A Rolls-Royce among glasses, the Baccarat; its red wine glasses make wine purr, sleekly, richly. For a price. (£64. Eeek!)

Some might say I have a Glass Problem. I call it diligent research. It is my quest to find the perfect wine glass. That is, an everyday glass into which you can pour practically any wine and expect it to be delivered beautifully expressive on the nose and in focus in your mouth.

Read more
....

My Comment: I totally agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment